- Category: Inside CIS
Carolina International School will rely on parent organized carpooling for two reasons: 1) our families are widely spread across several counties and 2) the expense of operating a fleet of buses is prohibitive when we have so many other operational costs. By relying on parents to transport their children to school, Carolina International School can direct its resources to provide the best possible educational program for our students.
Parent Organized Carpooling for Carolina International School
Carpooling arrangements for Carolina International School are voluntary and at the discretion of the parents. The school does not assume responsibility for carpool arrangements. We encourage families to arrange meetings and exchange relevant information required for any vehicle use for the children. Here is a carpool assist website to hekp you make such connections: https://www.carpoolworld.com/carpooling.html?c=comets.
State law requires:
• A valid driver's license
• Current and valid insurance
• Current and valid inspection
• Current and valid registration
• Children must be in a seatbelt when being transported
• A properly used child restraint device (CRD) is required if the child is less than 8 years old AND weighs less than 80 pounds. Most parents and other care givers will be able to comply by using belt-positioning booster seats for children between 40 and 80 pounds. The child must be within the weight range for the child restraint/booster seat and it must meet Federal standards in effect at time of manufacture.
• Children safety seats must be in the rear seat if the vehicle has a rear seat and an active front passenger airbag
Here are some transporation companies in the area that aid in transportation