- Category: Inside CIS
Arrival and Dismissal Policies and Procedures
- Please listen to staff members at all times.
- NO CELL PHONE use while dropping off or picking up students (See Parent/Student Handbook for further explanation).
- Place cars in PARK when loading and unloading students.
- In the afternoons, drivers MUST have a visible placard. Anyone without a placard will be asked to park their car and enter the main office and present appropriate photo identification in order to pick up children.
- Any transportation request MUST be done via email or in writing to your child’s homeroom teacher no later than 11:00 am.
- If you are waiting in line, please do not wave your student to your car even if you see them or they see you. They need to listen to the arrival and dismissal staff at all times.
- Students must use cross-walks in the afternoon if exiting through the courtyard. Parents, please do not wave your children through cars.
- Parents who are needing to assist buckling a child into a car seat must do so as quickly as possible so that traffic flow is minimal.
- Staff Members CANNOT fasten any student(s) seatbelt.
- In the front of the school, students must exit and enter the car from the passenger side only; in the back, please follow the directions/lead of staff regarding this item.
- In the front of school, handicapped spaces are NOT meant to be used by someone simply dropping off or picking up a non-handicapped student who should rather be dropped off or picked up using the normal drop-off/pick-up car lanes; those handicapped spaces are reserved for handicapped people who need to themselves come into the school on business.
- Students may not enter/exit cars anywhere but at the designated spots; in other words, in the morning students may not walk up unattended from the parking lot or a car somewhere down the car line and in the afternoon students may not walk to a waiting car in the parking lot or somewhere down the car line. The only exception is for those students who drive themselves and any others in their car.
- We will begin unloading students at 8:00 AM.
- BASP ends at 8:00 AM; in other words, normal morning drop-off does not begin till then and students should not be let out of waiting cars before then. This also means that parents should NOT attempt to drop off students for BASP after 7:58 a.m.
- Card colors do not matter. You may either drop off in the front of the school or the back loop of the school, no matter your card color. If you choose to drop off on the back loop, we have changed this location to the side of the school nearest the flag pole.
- For the sake of traffic flow, if one line begins to back up, we will direct you to the other line.
No students will be released for EARLY DISMISSAL after 3:00 p.m. When arriving to pick up a student for early dismissal before 3:00 p.m. all parents/guardians must park in the parking lot/visitor parking and sign the student out of school in the main office.
Further, even after dismissal begins at 3:30, no parent/guardian may walk from a parked car to pick up a child or children. All students must be dismissed through the carpool lines.
Any student remaining in school after dismissal has ended at approximately 4:00 pm will go to BASP and will be charged the weekly, daily, or drop-in rate, whichever applies for the individual student (see BASP info on website for explanation). All parents who are late must go to BASP to check-out their child. Please notify the Office Manager if you will be later than 4:00, or 12:30 on half days.
- Red Cards
- Families with three (3) or more students or
- Multi-Family carpools with three (3) or more students or
- Transportation Companies or after school programs like the YMCA, Tutor Time, local gymnastics or other organization that pick up multiple students
- Pick up in the front of the school
- Blue Cards
- Families with students in 5th – 12th grade
- Please stay on RIGHT side of the Back Loop
- Pick up of students will be at the back of the school, court yard area.
- Students will exit the building out the through the courtyard
- Students must use cross-walks in the afternoon if exiting through the courtyard. Parents, do not wave your children through cars.
- Yellow Cards
- Families with students in Kindergarten – 4th grade or families with students in both the elementary, middle and high school.
- Please stay on LEFT side of the Back Loop
- Pick up is on the side of school closest the flag pole.
- All the students will exit the building out of the top of the K-1st hall.
- Category: Inside CIS
We presently have two food services which are offering delivered hot lunches to interested students this 17/18 school year. Lunches can be purchased online by any interested individual families and delivered Mondays-Thursdays from either of the following organizations:
- Heaven Sent Catering. For more information please click on the following link: Heaven Sent Catering. To order, click on our school name and then use the following Passcode: CIS67890.
- Conversation Peace Restaurant. For more information and to order, please click on the following link: Conversation Peace.
- Category: Inside CIS
Does your child have the vaccines they need for school?
|All students entering school need the following vaccines:|
|DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis)||5 doses|
|Hib (haemophilus influenza type B)||3-4 doses|
|MMR (measles , mumps and rubella||2 doses|
|Hepatitis B||3 doses|
|Varicella (chicken pox)||2 doses*|
|Students entering 7th grade will need the additional vaccines below:|
|Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis)||1 booster dose*|
|Meningitis( meningococcal)||1 dose*|
*These vaccines are affected by new laws which started in 2015-16. If you have any questions, please contact your Doctor or School Nurse.
Please remember to:
- Take a copy of your child’s vaccine record to your appointment. This will let the doctor know what vaccines your child has already received.
- Ask your doctor for a copy of your child’s vaccine record and kindergarten physical before you leave. Per the law, it is the parent’s responsibility to provide the school with these records.
Students entering kindergarten for the first time are also required by law to have a completed kindergarten physical which must be on the current NC Kindergarten Health assessment form (KHE form PPS-2K Rev. 1/11).
See also the folowing chart: NC Immunization Requirements beginning in 2015-16
- Category: Inside CIS
Carolina International School is committed to equal employment opportunity. All recruitment, hiring, job assignments, transfers and promotions, as well as all other personnel actions, including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, layoffs, returns from layoffs, terminations, training, social and recreational programs, shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.
There are no open positions at present. However, we always welcome a resume should an opening occur at some point. Thus:
Mrs.Sarah Grafton, Seconday Instructional Facilitator
Welcome to a new school year at CIS!
Open House will be on Thursday, August 28th from 5 to 7. We look forward to seeing you there.
My name is Sarah Grafton. I am the Instructional Facilitator for the Secondary School at CIS.
This is my 18th year in education. I have had the pleasure of working in several educational environments that have allowed me to hone my skills as an educator.
My husband Rich and I have two boys, Elijah and Micah. We have lived in Cabarrus County for 15 years and we love it.
What is an Instructional Facilititator?
An IF promotes the development of instructional goals, instruction, and delivery to teachers so that these goals can be reached by our students.
It is my pleasure to work with staff to ensure that the instructional goals and the charter of CIS are met. As a team; administration, teachers, staff, parents, students, and the community, we will reach our goal of having every child succeed!
My Office Hours
7:30 and 8:00 Tuesday through Friday
- Mrs.Sarah Grafton, Seconday Instructional Facilitator
- Comet Communicator
- Notes from the Head of School
- School Calendar
- Before/After School Program, After School Enrichment Offerings & Summer Camp